Preparation of personal income tax return (3-NDFL) for individuals
Personal income tax is most often paid automatically as it is withheld from salaries. However, in some cases, employees themselves calculate their compulsory payments and submit a 3-NDFL declaration to the tax office. This is required in the following cases:
- When selling property or property rights, including residential property
- Upon receiving real estate, vehicles, shares or other large valuables as a gift from people who are not your close relatives
- Upon receiving remuneration from individuals or companies that are not tax agents, and payments made based on an employment or lease agreement
- When winning the lottery or other money from gambling, if the amount exceeds 15,000 rubles, and the payments are not made by a betting terminal or bookmaker
- Upon receiving funds from a source located abroad
In addition, individual entrepreneurs, notaries, lawyers with their own offices and other specialists who have a private practice must submit their own declarations. Note that these groups of taxpayers are required to file a tax return, even if they did not actually work during the reporting period.
The 3-NDFL declaration covers income for one full calendar year. The time period for submitting the 3-NDFL declaration is from January 1 to April 30 of the subsequent year. All due taxes must be paid by 15 July. In case of violation of the deadlines for filing the declaration and non-payment of taxes, the taxpayer will be charged a fine.
The VALEN team has extensive experience in the field of accounting and tax consulting. Our services include the completion of 3-NDFL tax returns, filing with the tax authorities, and, if necessary, their correction.